The 2023 Western & Southern is not one we will soon forget. The 9 days in Cincinnati were marked by elite players battling it out on court, hours upon hours of entertainment around the grounds, and stadiums full of of fans each day.
BY THE NUMBERS
You know what they say – numbers are worth a thousand words (or something like that). Here, we have the most noteworthy stats from the 2023 tournament from number of fans in attendance to scoops of ice cream consumed.
- Over 194,000 fans in attendance
- 13 of 16 sessions sold out
- 50 states represented among tournament fans
- 39 countries represented among fans
- 8,383 miles traveled by the furthest fan
On the Court
From the longest match in tournament history to Coco Gauff living a teenage dream, the 2023 Western & Southern Open was full of amazing moments on the courts day after day.
- 355 hours and 4 minutes of tennis played
- 65 tie breaks
- 23 match tie breaks
- 1,391 aces hit
- 3,888 balls used
- 229 matches played
- 496 total sets played
- 4,645 games played
- 1,801 racquets restrung
Around the Grounds
The tournament grounds were bursting with energy and excitement daily. Any given day, you could find live performers on the motorola razr or Fan Zone Stages, kids competing on the mini tennis courts, delicious eats being scarfed down in the food court, a Top Deck full of drinks and charcuterie, and so much more!
- 15,250 Western & Southern paddle fans distributed
- 15 food vendors served up good eats all week
- 14,472 Ace Palomas (the official tournament cocktail by Maestro Dobel Tequila) served
- 7,473 craft drafts poured by Sonder Brewing
- 5,203 perfect pours by Stella Artois
- 7,270 cheese coneys sold from Skyline
- 30,389 slices of pizza eaten from LaRosa’s
- 26,899 scoops of Graeter’s ice cream consumed
- 623 cups of coffee brewed in the Media Center
- 31 unique musical acts
- 84 hours of musical entertainment
- 1,335 total volunteers served the tournament
- 33 states and 3 countries volunteers call home
- 69,605 total hours served by the volunteer crew
- 1,000 Kids Day participants
Mark your calendars for August 11-19, 2024 so we can do it all again even bigger and better than before!